CV Calum Chamberlain
A formal, pdf version of my current CV can be downloaded here.
The following is a summary of some of the key things people seem to want to hear about. More interesting information is on the research page.
- H.J. Horgan, B. Anderson, R.B. Alley, C.J. Chamberlain, R. Dykes, L.M. Kehrl, J. Townend (2015): Earth & Planetary Science Letters, Glacier velocity variability due to rain induced sliding and cavity formation, doi: 10.1016/j.epsl.2015.10.016.
- C.J. Chamberlain, D.R. Shelly, J. Townend, T. A. Stern (2014): Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems, Low- frequency earthquakes reveal punctuated slow slip on the deep extent of the Alpine Fault, New Zealand, doi: 10.1002/2014GC005436.
- S.C. Cox, C.D. Menzies, R. Sutherland, P. Denys, C.J. Chamberlain, D. Teagle (2014): Geofluids, Transient permeability changes in the Alpine Fault hanging wall, New Zealand, induced by South Island earthquakes, doi: 10.1111/gfl.12093
- C.J. Chamberlain, N. Houlié, T. Stern, H. Bentham (2014): Earth & Planetary Science Letters, Lithosphere strain and stress fields near the San Andreas Fault doi: 10.1016/j.epsl.2014.04.048.
- Jim Ansell Geophysics Scholarship 2014: Awarded by the GeoScience Society of New Zealand to the student who the committee deem most likely to advance New Zealand geophysics in their career.
- Victoria University of Wellington Doctoral Scholarship 2012-2015: Stipend and fees scholarship for the duration of PhD study
- Shell technical scholarship 2008-2012
My programming roots lie in fortran, having been taught this at University alongside Matlab. Since then my programming has branched out somewhat. My language of choice is Python, and I regularly add functional submodules and functions to my EQcorrscan Python package, which is distributed on both github and pypi.
I also have experience in c and c++, mostly for scientific algorithms. I am starting to gain experience writing html and css. I prefer to work by command-line so have a good knowledge of shell scripting.
- Tutoring undergraduate (level 300, final year) geophysics classes at VUW;
- Tutoring final year undergraduate geophysics field class;
- Mentored 4 summer research students;